Friday, August 9, 2013

Back From St. Louis And Back To My Desk

This writer officially feels accomplished as she has finally completed her summer project!
But we have some bad news too.
On upside, I've finished a novel. I've edited said novel. I've reread this said novel.
Then I, being the perfectionist that I am, thought this was not good enough. I had to make it awesome, I had to make it beautiful and brilliant before it ever reached the light of day.
I have to rewrite it, yet again.

This time, rewriting will take a very different form. What was originally about 70,000 words of a first person narrative will now become third person because I briefly wondered if the story would flow better that way. I rewrote the first chapter in third person and found that it was fantastic.

…Shit.

So I now have no choice but to rewrite my entire story, as otherwise I couldn't live with myself if I subjected the world to it the way it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment