Friday, July 26, 2013

My Day So Far!

It would be incredibly sweet if one of the five or so pageviews I received on the last post would leave a comment to declare wholeheartedly that I am not alone….

                Anyway, self-pity fest being entirely over, I come to you now, live from my desk (unless of course you read this after I—well forget it) with today’s sleepy summer news! It’s a bit wet out here, and I’ve been writing, well what I call writing. To anyone else, it might be a great number of things other than writing such as:
1.       Trying to make my hair look like Arwen from Lord of the Rings!
2.       Working on a summer essay for class because we still have those.
3.       Eating!
4.       Websurfing
5.       Rearranging room
6.       Watching anime
7.       More eating
8.       Reading quotes from the Bard
9.       Putting my Koran and my Bible next to each other just to feel contrary
10.   Even more eating!
11.   What’s this? You’re actually writing during designated writing time? Congrats!


And so on and so forth. I’m thinking about letting an English teacher tear my most recent novel to shreds and then giving it to a friend as part of the target audience who  I know is lying because she crinkles her nose. In a month, I will be able to gain all the free and extremely painful constructive criticism I could ever possibly desire.  Now if only professional eyebrow waxing could be free and then I’d be entirely set for life!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Allie, it's Kaela, your crazy sister. I self-publish. I gave up getting published a while ago but good luck. My books aren't long enough yet, and they aren't good enough either. I'm too brain damaged, but if 140 people read my book every month like they have been, then I'm happy. I dance to my own drum. I kind of have to.

    ReplyDelete